If you’ve got a leaky home, one of your priorities will probably be to get some compensation for the problem.

It can be a confusing and stressful process - so Platinum Pacific Reclad can guide you through the claim process, provide you with the claim forms and assist you in their completion.

We can even do the Weathertight Homes Resolution Services Act (WHRS) claim for you.

The main steps to making a claim under the Weathertight Homes Resolution Services Act involve:

  1. Gathering documentary evidence.
  2. An initial assessment as to whether you qualify under the conditions of the WHRS scheme.
  3. Applying through the scheme to do so.

More detailed information can be found on the Department of Building and Housing website

Information packs on the Financial Assistance Package (FAP) introduced in July 2011 is available on the Department of Building and Housing website.

Packs available include:

  • Homeowner information
  • Owners of multi-unit complexes
  • Homeowner quote information
  • Homeowner funding
  • Repair and payment plans
  • Information for designers
  • Information for builders and other professionals

There is no obligation on a claimant to use the Weathertight Services resolution process or the Weathertight Homes Tribunal. Claimants can use other resolution options, including:

  • The court system.
  • The Disputes Tribunal (if your claim is for an amount less than $7,500 or less than $12,000 if everyone involved agrees to participate).
  • Private negotiation.
  • Private mediation or arbitration.

Claimants do not have to close their WHRS claim while they try these other options. However, a claimant cannot undertake adjudication with the Weathertight Homes Tribunal while they are undertaking proceedings through the courts or the Disputes Tribunal.

Do you have a leaky home?

Get a no obligation chat with qualified, experienced reclad experts you can trust.

Contact Us

  • Quality workmanship
  • Skilled, experienced builders
  • Open communication
  • Honesty and integrity